Metabolic Testing helps figure out what nutrition you need exactly for your health issues
What is a metabolic test? This is a test that measures many parameters of the body including detoxification, urea elimination,
Is there a metabolism test? Yes. One metabolism test is the TSH or thyroid stimulating hormone secreted by the pituitary gland. Increased levels of thyroid hormone result from lower levels of TSH resulting in increased metabolic rate. A body composition test measures metabolic rate directly.
find out how to match your foods and supplements
to your biochemistry
You need Metabolic Testing! Why? Because metabolic analysis allows you to match your food and nutritional supplement needs with your unique biochemistry. Here are other advantages of knowing how your biochemistry works when managing your health building efforts -
First, you are unique metabolically. Your metabolic pathways run all of the reactions in your body - and knowing how your chemistry works can tell your doctor where improvements are warrented. For example, if you eat foods with vitamin C, but you do not metabolically “activate” the vitamin C from your diet, vitamin C can act like a pro-OXIDANT (promoting inflammation) and not an antioxidant. With this knowledge, you can correct this metabolic pathway so that vitamin C acts like an anti-oxidant (anti-inflammatory).
Secondly, if you really want to know the best way to eat and the right nutritional supplements to take Dr. Wald considers these and other factors to create your personalized natural healing plan:
Your health issues - each health problem reveals certain nutritional issues. Dr. Wald puts these all together a process that some doctors neglect.
Medications - can and do affect your nutritional needs. Not all nutritionists are trained in both positive and negative medication-food and medication-nutritional supplement interactions
Current nutritional supplements - can tell Dr. Wald what has not worked for you. Remember, you may be taking inferior quality supplements (very common in spite of what you may think you know about your current supplement products), you may be taking the wrong dosages, you may be taking the right supplements, but at the wrong time and your illness may be increasing your nutritional needs and or causing malabsorption and malnutrition. Dr. Wald is all over this!
Exercise - exercise both increases nutritional needs and speeds up metabolic processing in the liver of a large number of nutrients. Dr. Wald will match your exercise needs with your dietary and supplement needs - getting it right!
Current diet - what you are eating now plays a role in your current health and your health to come. Even though your current diet might seem healthy, it may not be the best diet for your particular health issues. If you have cancer for example, a vegan diet may be too low in activated folic acid and B12 both required to promote methylation (a healing process) reducing abnormal genetic material “breaks” promoting and causing cancer. If your current diet is too low in proteins your body may not be able to produce necessary immune molecules known as immunoglobulins.
Health goals - if you do not have a goal how are you going to get to where you want to health-wise? The answer is that you cannot. Dr. Wald will help you develop a goal-oriented healing plan so that you and he knows where you are along the healing journey. Are things going to slow? Is healing proceeding too fast such that your nutritional intake is not matching your bodies healing pace? Think of it this way - if you wanted to run 10 miles your diet should consist of higher carbohydrates relative to proteins. If you wanted to gain muscle your diet should contain more proteins than carbohydrates (oversimplification, but true). What this means is that if you have a goal of running 10 miles, or healing 3 diseases it matters! Clearly defined health goals set you up to win at health and leave little to chance.
Sleep habits - all healing takes place during rest and sleep. If you are not sleeping properly your immune system may suffer, you might feel tired often, your thinking may be clouded, you might feel anxious and depressed. Any health problem whatsoever can be caused or worsened by sleep issues (lack of quality sleep). Dr. Wald will help you get your sleep hygiene in order to maximize your health goals.
Stress levels - stress is a degenerative state of being. Stressors include psychological stress, physical stress, the stress or normal aging, the stress of poor quality (accelerated) aging, the stress of how your body copes with its internal and external environment and other types. Stress overall impacts your adrenal glands and this filters into stressing out your body as a whole. Stress, is therefore a holistic process that requires special attention. Psychological techniques, exercise, nutritional supplements and other aspects of medicine and lifestyle can modify and reduce the overall tole that stress has upon your body. It is not enough to know about the potential devastating effects of stress upon your health; you must develop lifestyle strategies to help your body manage stressors within normal, healthy parameters - this is where Dr. Wald comes in!
Current lab and or imaging tests - Dr. Wald reads these both nutritionally and as any doctor would read them; this combined approach has the potential of revealing even more answers to your health issues and healing plan. As the BlooDDetective, Dr. Wald has extensive experience and training regarding how to order and interpret laboratory tests to get to the bottom of your persistent health issue.
Our exclusive Comprehensive Chemical Panel is a metabolic panel that provides valuable medical and nutritional information. If you want to know if you are actually using various nutritional products this testing panel is for you. This test measures several nutritional metabolites, and when considered along with a detailed health history and other testing and considerations, can help clarify your individual health and nutrition needs. Below is more about the CCP1 urine test:
1. Your level of urinary vitamin C – how much vitamin C you are wasting in your urine. If you do not have any vitamin C in your urine you are likely deficient.
2. How well your body is using vitamin C – taking vitamin C and absorbing it is one thing, but converting it to a useable form is another thing entirely. Dehydroascorbate (the oxidized form of vitamin C should be high in most forms of cancer therapy), but low or non-existent in almost everyone else. Vitamin C inadequacy may predispose to hundreds if not thousands of medical conditions.
3. A test for absorption and malabsorption – urinary levels of a chemical called indicant is high (to different extents) depending upon one’s degree of malabsorption (or, inability to absorb certain amino acids).
4. Malonyldialdehyde (MDA) – a test for overall oxidative stress giving indirect information as to whether or not you are effectively using antioxidants. Oxidants are needed to degenerate dead, dying and abnormal cells and tissues in the body. Antioxidants are needed for repair of cells, tissues and organs. Thus, oxidation and antioxidation balance one another. The presence and amount of MDA in the urine indicates how well balanced you are in terms of antioxidant utilization. This test should always be considered in context of a careful medical and nutritional history as well as other tests for accuracy. MDA in the urine may be involved in various degenerative and disease processes including cancer.
5. Urinary calcium – calcium in the urine may indicate osteoporosis in the bones, hormonal imbalance, acid-base imbalance, vitamin D deficiency and other conditions. Decreased calcium levels may result from vitamin D problems, hormonal imbalances and kidney problems.
6. Urinary chloride – Increased levels of urinary chloride may indicate adrenal fatigue, excessive salt intake, inflammation of the kidneys and overproduction of water (hormonal problems). Decreased urinary chloride may indicate decreased salt intake, fluid loss (diarrhea, vomiting and other causes), adrenal hyperactivity and other problems.
7. Zinc use – zinc is involved in over one hundred and seventy (170) essential enzyme reactions in the body necessary for immunity, tissue repair, weight management, detoxification (including metals) and many other reactions.
Together – these tests, when considered in the context of a medical and nutritional examination and consultation and other tests can help guide you to optimal health.
The materials on this website are protected by copyright. 2019