Sugar is a killer no doubt about it. My fifty points below are only the tip of the iceberg, but if you are aware of them you must might not eat so much of that refined and processed sugar. Sugar in fruits is fructose and is good for you unless you have a problem with fructose specifically. Glucose and sucrose are found in junk foods and are bad for the body in many ways. Glucose is also the main sugar in grapes and is very good when you want clean and fast sugar relief during and or after workouts.
By Dr. Michael Wald
1. Sugar can suppress the immune system - reduces the function of white blood cells called neutrophils.
2. Sugar off -ets the mineral balance within the body - by causing mineral loss through the urine
3. Sugar increases inflammation - and inflammation is at the crux of virtually any and all disease, dis-ease and illness.
4. Sugar lowers cellular and humoral immunity - cellular immunity involves the white blood cells acting out their immune functions; humoral has to do with antibodies (immunoglobulins) that secrete many substances that direct sort of a chemical immunity. We need both of these immune systems and a third that helps to balance them out call the compliment immune system.
5. Sugar can cause heart and vessel disease - by promoting inflammation, hardening of the arteries, promotes clotting and increases the bad cholesterol and lowers the good cholesterol.
6. Sugar can cause diabetes - but so can pollution, inflammation, genetics and other diseases.
7. Sugar can cause fatigue - by weakening the adrenal glands, causing hypoglycemia, promoting inflammation.
8. Sugar can worsen infections - by lowering immunity and feeding fungal infections.
9. Sugar increases fasting glucose levels - by stressing insulin and glucose and growth hormone levels.
10. Sugar can cause tooth decay - by altering the local immunity in the mouth and decreasing oral pH.
11. Sugar contributes to obesity - by balancing hormones, promoting inflammation and more
12. Sugar causes copper deficiency
13. Sugars reduces HDL
14. Sugar can cause Heart Disease
15. Sugar can elevate LDL (bad cholesterol)
16. Sugar can cause depression
17. Sugar feeds cancer
18. Sugar can exacerbate premenstrual syndrome
19. Sugar causes varicose veins
20. Sugar can contribute to acne
21. Sugar may contribute to memory loss
22. Sugar causes loss of nutrition through the urine including chromium and magnesium
23. Sugar suppresses the release of HGH (Human Growth Hormone)
24. Sugar can increase the aging process
25. Sugar raises insulin levels and insulin resistance
26. Sugar increases triglyceride levels in the blood
27. Sugar can cause hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia
28. Sugar can contribute to anxiety
29. Sugar can contribute to the cause of multiple sclerosis
30. Sugar contributes to saliva and blood acidity
31. Sugar can increase cholesterol
32. Sugar can contribute to ADHD in children
33. Sugar can impair absorption of protein
34. Sugar can perpetuate insulin resistance
35. Sugar can cause drowsiness
36. Sugar contributes to food allergies
37. Sugar causes eczema
38. Sugar can impair the structure of DNA in children
39. Sugar can cause atherosclerosis
40. Sugar lowers enzyme function
41. Sugar causes constipation
42. Too much sugar affects sex hormones
43. Sugar causes acid reflux
44. Sugar may contribute to high blood pressure
45. Sugar causes migraines
46. Sugar causes atrophy of the muscle
47. Sugar decreases healing time
48. Sugar contributes to the cause of metabolic syndrome
49. Sugar causes chronic fatigue
50. Sugar can contribute to Alzheimer’s Disease