Dr. Michael Wald
Thoughtful, qualified and committed to your health
Clinician, Author, Television Personality, Inventor, Athlete & Father
DO OTHERS COMPARE TO DR. MICHAEL WALD, THE BLOOD DETECTIVE’S CREDENTIALS?
Thank you for considering Dr. Michael Wald as your natural health care provider and clinical nutritionist. To help you make the most appropriate choice for your health concern(s) please compare other nutritionists’ credentials to those of Dr. Wald
Dr. Michael Wald YES Other Nutritionist
· Masters Degree in Human Nutrition *
· Double Board Certified in Nutrition *
(American Chiropractic Board of Nutrition &
Chiropractic Board of Clinical Nutrition)
· Certified Dietician-Nutrition (CDN) recognition *
· Certified Clinical Nutritionist (CCN) recognition *
· Certified Nutritional Specialist (CNS) recognition *
· NSCA-CPT: Certified Personal Trainer *
· Certified Sports Nutritionist (ISSN) *
· PhD from the Holistic College of Nutrition *
· Naturopathic degree (ND) from the Clayton School *
· Post graduate degree in chiropractic *
· Medical Degree earned *
· Director of clinic for 28 years *
· Health expert for ABC, FOX, Channel 11, 12, 13,
The Food Network and others *
· Author of over 10 books *
· Provides personalized attention to his patients *
· Provides his cell phone number *
· Provides a non-toxic treatment environment *
· Inventor of the Blood Detective Software *
* Doctor of Philosophy in Holistic Nutrition *
Technology that has him branded as
someone who can find problems and
natural solutions when others often fail
Dr. Michael B. Wald, Director of Longevity Services at Integrated Nutrition of Mount Kisco, PLCC. In practice for twenty-six years, Dr. Wald has developed personalized detoxification programs for people wishing to stay well and those with advanced disease and illness.
Dr. Wald is a sought after natural health expert having appeared on ABC World News Tonight with Diane Sawyer, FOX Five News, Fox National News, Channel 11, The Food Network, PBS Channel 13 and many other television and radio programs providing expert advice in the area of wellness and natural treatments for disease.
Dr. Wald may well be the most qualified clinical nutritionist in the United States having earned an MD degree from the University of Health Sciences School of Medicine, a Doctor of Chiropractic degree from the Los Angeles College of Chiropractic, a master’s degree in Human Nutrition from the University of Bridgeport and is a Certified Dietician, Clinical Nutritionist and Nutritional Specialist. In addition to being a certified personal trainer, Dr. Wald is a Certified Sports Nutritionist and is double-board certified in nutrition.
Dr. Wald is the author of over ten books including Frankenfoods – Controversy, Lies & Your Health..The Dangers of Genetically Modified Organisms. Dr. Wald isthe author of the popular, Anti-Aging Encyclopedia of Laboratory Tests. As CEO of the technology company, Blood Logic, Dr. provides health care providers with medical software that aids in the interpretation of laboratory tests for their hidden medical and nutritional secrets. Dr. Wald’s newest book, Gluten-A-Holic: Hidden Dangers of Gluten & How to Live Well, will be available in 2015. Unleashing Your Healthy Athlete – For The Fit & The Fittest will be available at booksellers early 2016.
“People call me the blood detective…
It all started when a grateful patient said to me, “Dr. Wald, you’re like a real life blood detective,” and the name stuck. Now I write two regular local newspaper columns called, “Ask the Blood Detective”, have a software program, an audio series and nutritional products with the Blood Detective name. I love being called a Blood Detective and I've taken on the responsibility that it embodies. When it comes to helping people get well, there is no end to the degree of investigation, study and commitment I bring to the table. I treat my patients with the same understanding, love and respect as I treat my immediate family."
“The big difference between Dr. Wald and other health care providers…
Dr. Wald’s approach often goes beyond ordinary health care by incorporating natural approaches to health and disease prevention. Dr. Wald integrates his wealth of knowledge and experience to design unique solutions for his patients that are original. He teaches other doctors and nutritionists, is an author of many books, is regularly interviewed by the news, travels the world lecturing and still maintains a full-time practice. “Dr. Wald, the Blood Detective software and Blood Detective Nutritional products have been an invaluable resource for me and my patients – Dr. Daniel Bies
Dr. Wald lives and thinks holistically and uses his perspective to integrate knowledge from many aspects of natural and traditional health care approaches.
“It is not enough to just be holistic in title” according to Dr. Wald. “One must have the training, tools and access to multiple therapies and approaches under one roof; if not, the person is led astray often wasting months and even years getting nowhere. I strongly believe that finding healing solutions that can be incorporated into one’s life is key. After all, what’s the point of giving healing advice that no one can realistically follow? I strive to create healing options that are workable for people. I eat well, juice everyday, run marathons, triathlons and practice martial arts because I can – and, I plan on extending my longevity and ability to do whatever it is I want to do for a very long time”.
Dr. Wald’s Formal Education
Dr. Wald earned MD degree from the University of Health Sciences Antigua – He does not practice mainstream medicine*. Dr. pursued a medical education so that he could be a better holistic doctor. Dr. Wald also uses his training to fully support his patients holistically. Dr. Wald is not a licensed medical doctor.
· A post-graduate degree in Chiropractic (DC) from the University of Health Sciences
· Masters Degree from the University of Bridgeport (MS)
· MD degree from the University of Health Sciences School of Medicine, Antigua
· Double-Board Certified in Nutrition: DACBN – Diplomat American Chiropractic Board of Nutrition)
· Board Certified in Nutrition by the CBCN: Chiropractic Board of Nutrition
· Breast Wishes Fund advisory board member
· Certified Dietician-Nutrition (CDN) recognition
· Certified Clinical Nutritionist (CCN) recognition
· Certified Nutritional Specialist (CNS) recognition
· NSCA-CPT: Certified Personal Trainer
- Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist by the National Academy of Sports Medicine
· Certified Sports Nutritionist by the International Society of Sports Nutrition
· PhD from the Holistic College of Nutrition
· Author of Frankenfoods - Dangers of Genetically Modified Foods and many other titles, articles, videos, etc.
· Dr. Wald is on the Board of the BreastWishesFund.org
· Expert contributor for AllExpert.com
· Expert prior media source for ABC World News Tonight, Fox Five, Channel 11, Channel 12 and other news and media outlets
· Dr. Wald is a former Board member of the CBCN (Chiropractic Board of Clinical Nutrition)
· Naturopathic degree (ND) from the Clayton School of Natural Healing (online degree)
· Dr. Wald is past Science Officer for the International & American Association of Clinical Nutritionists (IAACN)
· Dr. Wald is the CEO of Blood Logic, Inc - an innovative company producing the Professional Edition Blood Detective Program for health professionals and Blood Detective Nutritional supplements
· A graduate of the Functional Medicine Institute (IFM)
· Supervisor of Longevity Services at Integrated Medicine of Mt Kisco
- Dr. Wald has published many successful books (go to: https://blooddetective.squarespace.com/books-page/) and hundreds of articles in the areas of longevity, disease prevention and treatment, diet and nutrition. A practicing clinician for 25 years and current Director of Longevity at Integrated Medicine of Mount Kisco, in Westchester, New York, Dr. Wald has been nicknamed "The Blood Detective" by a grateful patient for his keen ability to zero-in on health problems that many health practitioners, regardless of specialty, often miss. Having provided dietary, nutrition and longevity counseling to thousands of patients, Dr. Wald warns, “Dietary factors are the number one factor influencing our health and disease predilection. By incorporating careful consultation, specially designed health appraisal questionnaires, diagnostic intuitiveness and my Blood Detective technology I have helped hundreds of patients over my 25-year career. I am excited to help you get well naturally!”
More About Dr. Wald
I pursued a medical education so that I could be a better holistic doctor. I never intended to practice mainstream health care (medicine) and I have always believed that I was meant for something much more. I attended chiropractic school because this natural philosophy and practice is simply beautiful and it works. I had seen my father, Dr. George Wald also a chiropractor and nutritionist, heal all sorts of health issues where many traditional doctors had failed. A voracious learner, he loved to teach his patients and me about health and healing. My dad’s patients loved him and they let me know it when I was just s small boy. They would say to me, “Michael, without your father I do not know where I would be today – probably dead! Are you going to practice chiropractic and nutrition?” I would nod my head in response. Why wouldn’t I? My dad always inspired me and encouraged by my mother, who constantly gave me health books to read and inspired me. At one time, I was reading over ten books simultaneously…and loving every minute of it!
I went to nutrition school…
To learn new things, but mostly to just surround myself with this fascinating subject. I wanted to spend all of my time and energy finding ways to get people well as naturally as possible, so I read many books on various health topics everyday for years. My other passion was art (drawing), but slowly the study of health and nutrition won out.
About my medical school experience…
My chiropractic and nutritional training…did not include exposure to hospital-based disease care so I looked forward the experience of hospital rotations. Chiropractic students are required to work in a clinic treating entirely neuro-musculo-skeletal issues (and some nutrition).
I’d carry out medical rotations (not residency) in a variety of areas including, pediatrics, child psychology, adult psychiatry, radiology, cardiology, gastroenterology, internal medicine, psychiatry (similar to orthopedics) and other areas. I certainly learned a lot about hospital-based medicine and how very different it was than to office-based medicine and nutrition practice. My experience with medical rotations convinced me to help people preventatively with nutrition and natural approaches whenever possible. The combination of these varied experiences helped make me what I believe I am today, namely; a doctor with a talent for “putting it all together”, getting people well from a truly holistic and integrated perspective. The first two years of topics in medical school I had already been exposed to in chiropractic school so they was essentially review for me; with one important difference – in chiropractic school most of the subjects also included natural methods of treatment. Medical school’s entire focus was on the diagnosis, what medications and/or therapies to use.
I learned a great deal of nutrition during my four-year equivalent chiropractic education. My nutritional school education was almost entirely didactic, book stuff mostly, with some small exposure to patients with “real world problems”. In medical school, I was perhaps was exposed to the equivalent of two or three hours of nutritional topics within other courses of study… really, that was it!. Sometimes people ask me, “Dr. Wald why didn’t you become a medical doctor…a real doctor?” My answer is simply this; “I did not become a medical doctor because my passion is health care and not disease care.
People also sometimes ask, “Dr. Wald, couldn’t you have completed your medical residency and still practiced holistic medicine?”* My answer is usually this, “Yes, I could have completed a residency, but that would have involved spending an average four years (full time) focusing on hospital based medicine. I want to study natural health care and continue to help patients right now…and that’s exactly what I am doing!” And you know, I think that four years of doing something you don't love and have passion for is a waste of life.
Television Appearances, Books, Articles, Newspaper and News Casting
He appeared as a nutrition and health expert on numerous television and radio programs, including ABC World News Tonight with Diane Sawyer, Channel 12 Westchester News, Channel Five Fox News, Good Day New York, The Food Network, Channel 13, and Gary Null’s “Naturally Living.” His is the author of The Anti-Aging Encyclopedia, The Male Infertility-Fertility Connection, Hope for Hepatitis C, Intravenous Nutrition Protocols from A-Z, and The Phlebotomy Handbook. Dr. Wald’s latest release (2009) is entitled Multiple Sclerosis: Medical & Nutrition approaches to optimal health. Dr. Wald has written hundreds of articles appearing in magazines both in print and online (see his Blog, Twitter and Facebook links). Dr. Wald writes regular health and wellness columns in the Westchester Examiner Newspaper and the Baby Boomer Health Magazine.
WBAI Radio – Dr. Wald has appeared on the Natural Living Radio show over the course of more than a decade. Dr. Wald may have been the most frequent expert nutritionist on Gary Null’s radio show. Dr. Wald is the host of The Blood Detective Radio show and is a health columnist writing his own weekly article covering all aspects of medicine, natural health and health technology called, Ask the Blood Detective (see the Articles Section of our website).
Dr. Wald’s Personal Health Practices
Dr. Wald is a long-distance runner, a brown-belt in karate and enjoys weight training. As a father of three, Dr. Wald prides himself on teaching his own children how to live healthy lives. His family likes to share nutritious smoothies, cook wholesome foods in a healthy manner, and maintain active physical lives through the practice of yoga, art, photography and many other activities!
Dr. Wald has provided advanced level nutritional educational programs for thousands of health care providers in the United States and abroad for nearly twenty years. He has lectured for nutritional companies, medical and natural health organizations, for laboratories regarding nutritional laboratory tests, pharmacists, institutions of higher educations and others. “I love teaching because I learn so much during the process. “ Dr. Wald is a member of several natural health organizations committed to health on the planet including the American College of Nutrition, the American Preventative Medical Association, and the International and American Association of Clinical Nutritionists.
Thank you so very much!
Dr. Michael Wald
* Dr. Wald is a clinical nutritionist and holds several nutrition certifications including a Certified-Dietician Nutritionist (by the state of NY) and holds a Masters degree in nutrition. He also holds an active chiropractic license. Dr. Wald did graduate medical school and earned an MD degree. Once completing INTERNSHIPS in medicine he decided not to pursue medicine by completing a RESIDENCY towards an active medical license. Dr. Wald is therefore not a licensed medical doctor and thus cannot prescribe medications.